Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Hair Texture and Impatience

Well, my daughter is waffling now--a typical teenager. Now she says she just wants braids. I told her I am NOT spending an entire weekend braiding her hair, just for her to take it down in 6-8 weeks....

I like my hair a lot. It is growing fast. One of my friends commented just yesterday on how fast it is growing. It covers my ears now--which is good because it is so cold outside!

I actually have a couple of locks in the back--yes already! I think I mentioned that in a previous post. But this is unusual because of the texture of my hair. My hair is so loosely coiled that I am sure it will be another 4-6 months before it starts to lock. I wish my hair wasn't so resistant to locking! I am so impatient, I know.

With my first set of locks, most of my hair was so not wanting to lock that I had to do what some of our "white" family have to do when they want locks--back comb my roots! I only had to do it once though. After that I twisted with gel, using clips to hold my twists down until they dried.

I am happy that with this method I can avoid the back combing!

5 comments:

  1. Wow I wish my hair would lock that fast! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you many blessings during your loc journey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wish I knew what this back combing is that I've read about so often!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thandi: You can watch a video of back combing on knottyboy.com

    ReplyDelete