Saturday, September 27, 2008

My Beginning (again)





Last weekend, I braided my hair. Yes, it took me all weekend and yes, I did it myself. I have about 400 microbraids. These are some pics of them. They aren't all the same size, the parts aren't perfectly straight--I did do all of this myself after all; it is really difficult to get the back of your head together, even with three mirrors! My ends are really curly. That gives you an idea of the texture of my hair. I have also added some pictures to a previous post so that you can see what my hair looked like when I had my dreads before.

I ordered a Nappylocs tool last night. I have a friend who has Sisterlocks and she recommended it. I have also been doing a lot of investigating into the different methods of maintaining dreads with a tool (just do a Google search with that phrase and you will get some good hits). I really want to avoid twisting this time, which is how I maintained my locks before. I don't want to have to worry about my hair getting wet between washings, and messing up my twists. And I was always avoiding swimming, unless it was close to time for me to re-twist!

Peace, Dr. Locs II

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking Good!
    You did a great job and I didn't ralize that your hair had grown out that much already. I am seeing that our "density" is about the same. I am looking forward to the filling stage, while still keepting a "maintained" look. I just posted some pics too - check them out.
    www.drlocs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Boy do you have tenacity and patience! Wishing you well in your journey along with your sis!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! - You did a great job :o) I am a 'loc-stalker' (I want locs - considering going the same route) so I will be looking forward to your updates/progress.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great. Don't know how you can do all that by yourself. inspiring!

    ReplyDelete