Sunday, November 2, 2008

Tighten Up #1




Here are a couple of pics after I retightened all my braids. I chickened out trying the Nappy Tool I purchased, but have promised that if what I did doesn't hold, I'll used it.

I used my old method of twisting with wax and gel after a thorough wash. It took me a long time--about 5 hours. As I twisted, I used metal clips to hold them in place, then sat under the dryer after to set it in place. This morning, before I had my DH take the pictures, I misted my hair with Carol's Daughter Leave-In Conditioner for Dry Hair. The next time I re-tighten, I am contemplating trying her Hair Honey instead of straight bee's wax. It contains wax, shea butter, and a lot of other good, natural stuff. If you have tried it, please let me know what you think!

5 comments:

  1. Your hair looks great and you don't seem to have a problem with build up so what you are doing must be working for you. I retighten with the nappylock tool and I don't put any products in my hair except some oil on my scalp after I wash my hair.

    I have to use a latch hook tool to pull my locks into the nappylock tool but that is just because my hair is too short to see the ends.

    Your locks are so pretty. I will check back again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your braid locs are beautiful. You are off to a great start.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, they look great, especially the pic of you at the Heritage Ball. Your texture is just so cute with the curly cues on the ends.

    ReplyDelete